- While starring in a sitcom, Baby Grizzly lives on the set but when a cooler kid joins the cast Baby Grizzly feels threatened.
- Grizzly Bear
- Mom (debut)
- Dad (debut)
- Sis (debut)
- Lorenzo (debut)
- This is the first Baby Bear episode to feature neither Baby Panda nor Baby Ice Bear, but only the second episode to feature Baby Grizzly without them as he was previously seen alone during a flashback in "Burrito".
- Following "Yuri and the Bear" and "Panda 2", this episode marks Baby Grizzly's individual past.
- This episode explains Grizzly's fondness of film, fame, and attention, as well as his dedication to family.
- Baby Grizzly mentions that the director of the sitcom adopted him from a fire station, meaning the events of this episode take place very shortly after the flashback seen in "Burrito".
- This episode reveals that Baby Grizzly was initially from Canada before moving to the United States.
- This is the first episode to feature Canada.
- Baby Panda cried in his backstory episode "Panda 2" and Baby Ice Bear cried in his backstory episode "Yuri and the Bear". Baby Grizzly is the only Baby Bear not to cry in his backstory episode except "Burrito" technically.
- Baby Grizzly is seen leaving the studio on his bicycle, but it's never seen in any other episode while traveling with Baby Panda and Baby Ice Bear.
- At the beginning of the episode when it shows the city, the background is similar to the real-life city line of Toronto located in Canada. A building looking similar to the CN Tower is seen.
- Family Troubles is a parody of various 1980s TV sitcoms that similarly feature middle class, nuclear families.
- The name of the show, Family Troubles, may be a reference to similar shows Family Ties or Family Matters.
- The opening theme song sequence to Family Troubles is similar to the TV series Full House.
- Grizz makes references to Home Improvement, The Golden Girls, and We Bare Bears itself when thinking of who the new family member would be.
- Lorenzo's character is a parody of Fonzie from Happy Days, sharing his cool demeanor with his scooter mirroring Fonzie's motorcycle. As well, Lorenzo jumped to the starring role due to quickly becoming a breakout character, with talk of Baby Grizzly being written out of the show to be replaced by Lorenzo, much as Richie Cunningham had been written out of Happy Days and replaced by Fonzie as the main character.