Ice Bear is gonna find you one day.
|—"Icy Nights", Ice Bear to Barry's hologram|
Ice Bear is the youngest of the trio but is undoubtedly the strongest and, in some respects, the most mature. He was able to rescue his older brothers from certain death without too much hassle and is quick to jump into action if he finds a threat arising. He cares for both of his brothers dearly. He tends to do most of the chores of the house, though he doesn't seem to mind this. Despite his willingness to pitch in where the others don't, he still takes days off to relax and unwind. Not only is he a smart and strong bear, he's also essential to the Bears' brotherhood.
Ice Bear is an anthropomorphic polar bear. His body is completely covered in white fur. (Sometimes it has a very light shade of yellow/brown, but like a lighter blue. Slightly more so than the white fur of Panda.) Even though he is the youngest of the Bears, he is taller, thinner, and stronger than his older brothers.
Ice Bear is characterized as monotone and acerbic.
Ice Bear is almost always distant and emotionless, though not inherently unfriendly. He seems to not be very conversant, as Ice Bear generally speaks in one-liners and very vague sentences and responds through action instead. Despite usually being mute, Ice Bear is notably more observant and has a better keen sense of danger than his brothers. This is most prominently demonstrated in the episode "Nom Nom", when he was the only one who could see through Nom Nom's celebrity personality and thus realize his dark intentions. Ice Bear is also very intellectual, as demonstrated in the episode "My Clique".
When Ice Bear does speak, he tends to speak in the third person, such as referring his possessions as "Ice Bear's" possessions (the habit coming from Yuri himself). Though seen throughout every episode where he has a speaking role, his struggle to use first person pronouns is most notably seen in "The Audition". It has also been shown Ice Bear's voice is rather monotone, even when he is excited. Despite his stoic nature, he cares deeply for his brothers, taking care of them by doing most of the chores around the cave. In addition, Ice Bear appears to be very concerned with hygiene and cleanliness. Ice Bear has also been shown to be multilingual, as shown in episodes such as "Our Stuff", "My Clique", and "Video Date", to name a few. He is also somewhat interested in physical activity and has a keen interest in the cold; Ice Bear sleeps in the fridge and seems to love being on cold surfaces. He is also very interested in yoga, dancing, karate, and many other similar activities while he also spends a lot of time reading and tinkering with robotics.
While he is undeniably strong, on several occasions Ice Bear hints that he is not to be crossed. However, under this tough image he is (also or actually?) compassionate and likes to help others, often assuming the role of a protector, as notably demonstrated in "Bear Cleanse". Ice Bear is also mysterious, doing many usual and unusual things with his brothers barely noticing, like building a robot clone of himself, and it is hinted in details (like background art) that there is a bit of action in his life that goes on secretly or off-screen.
Although it's a very rare occurrence, even Ice Bear can get angry. He still keeps his stoic nature, even when furious, which makes these few incidents all the more chilling.
Ice Bear spends a lot of time by himself relaxing or working on personal projects. Typically, he dislikes it when his brothers disturb him when he's in the middle of his moments of solitude. Though he does not like being bothered during his alone time, he likes being left out even less. He was unhappy when his brothers wanted to hang out with Nom Nom rather than him, and got angry when he thought they intentionally went to a baseball game without him.
Three Bare Bears
Ice Bear's personality seems to have been mostly untouched compared to his brothers from his appearance in the comics to We Bare Bears. In the comics, he is notably much more talkative—although still retaining his tendency to speak in the third person—as well as being much more prone to expressing emotion. He also takes less of an active role in the cartoons, with Grizzly more often than not acting on behalf of all the Bears (though he does occasionally make suggestions as to what Grizzly should do). Ice Bear is more aggressive in the comics saying things such as "I rip the lips off people who abuse their freedom" & more.
Ice Bear is truly a jack of all trades, as he possesses the apparent natural ability to do many skills one would need to practice for years in order to accomplish. Ice Bear is truly no ordinary polar bear.
Ice Bear is very athletic. He participates in many physical activities such as dancing, karate, and even shows interest in ice skating. Ice Bear can be seen performing several karate moves in "Chloe" in front of several critters and Chloe. He can also be seen performing a dance routine when he got trapped in a public fountain in "Cupcake Job".
Though Ice Bear may not speak very much, actions speak louder than words. He has shown to be capable of creating fully functioning machines, such as the Robot Bear in "Panda's Sneeze" or completely destroying and remaking the Roomba in "Everyday Bears". Though he's still a little rusty on machine-making, he demonstrates his quick thinking in several episodes, a prime example being in "Nom Nom". After being stuck in a large hole overnight, the Mailman soon arrives with a package for Grizzly. Knowing full well he'd fall into the hole as well, he positions himself to catch the Mailman. After seeing what he had delivered, he gets the idea to use the item, a Chop-o Choppa Copter, to fly himself out of the hole and rescue his brothers.
Strength is one of Ice Bear's strong points. He has been shown to possess incredible amounts of physical strength. This can be shown in "Panda's Date" when he lifts a boulder with relative ease or in "Viral Video" when he's easily able to lift Grizzly and slam him onto the ground. Being on the bottom of the Bears' stack also clearly proves Ice Bear's massive strength to carry his older brothers around at long period of time without any sight of fatigue. He is the only character strong enough to overpower Ralph and beat him into submission easily.
However, despite being incredibly strong, he never seems to use that strength for fighting. He's seen acting very defensively, especially of his brothers, when faced with physical conflict. This can be seen in "Brother Up" when, despite there being only two wolves who are much smaller than him, he doesn't fight back. Ice Bear seems to try and avoid physical conflicts as much as possible. However, when facing situation forcing him to go violence, he is shown to be very forceful and fierce when he twists Ralph hand to make him leave the cave or destroying Barry's robot minions with savage power and strength. When facing Barry's robot minions, he is shown strong enough to punch through metal.
Not only is Ice Bear incredibly strong muscle-wise, he's also very strong when it comes to his claws (which are retractable). As demonstrated in "Everyday Bears", Ice Bear is able to lacerate objects using only his claws. In "Chloe", Ice Bear shows the College Students his claws while the three are being interviewed.
As seen in "Nom Nom" when Ice Bear is investigating Nom Nom's deadly plan for his brothers, he quickly has to hide before Nom Nom catches him snooping. He thinks quickly and stands up flat against a wall, blending in with it. This ability may be a play on the fact polar bears' fur is transparent.
In the episode "Losing Ice", Ice Bear is shown to have an incredible capability of cooking delicious dishes. His series of action in cooking in the stirfry restaurant Teppan Yaki is performed briskly and done with perfection. Grizzly and Panda are immensely amazed by the taste and quality of Ice Bear's dishes.
In the episode "Coffee Cave", Ice Bear is shown to have extraordinary baristing skill in which he can make great coffee drinks with various shapes of cream from animal, star to a life size cream statue in the coffee cup.
He is also shown to do all his barisiting work in mere seconds with great precision.
Under the influence of extreme hunger, Ice Bear can turn primal in which he will become extremely aggressive and willing to attack anyone on sight.
In his primal form, Ice Bear is very hairy with bleak white eyes as well as sharp teeth. His strength also being augmented greatly in this stage.
This stage can be reversible if he gets access to food sources.
Coffee Overdose form
In "Coffee Cave", it is shown that Ice Bear cannot handle caffeine and will become incredibly hyperactive, if he drinks.
However, if Ice Bear drinks too much coffee, he will turn psychotic from the influence of caffeine overdose. At this form, his eyes will turn red and he is often in stage of violence since he will do anything to access to more caffeine whether is coffee or coffee bean.
This stage can be reversible when he completely crashed from caffeine for a period of time.
It is an fire axe used by Ice Bear on several occasions. The fire axe has been used frequently throughout the series. The fire axe is usually not used for attacking but for some everyday things and Ice Bear even uses its as cutlery to cut meat in his dish. The only time it can be considered that Ice Bear used it to attack, it was when Chloe invaded the cave in the episode "Chloe".
It is a short gray axe with a black and gray blade. For the time being this ax was only used once in the series, in the episode "Icy Nights" when Ice Bear fought the robots of Barry. This ax is inside Roomba and can be removed at any time by Ice Bear through a sound command. Roomba can also manipulate the ax, causing it to attack in its favor, as long as this is an Ice Bear order. In "Icy Nights" this ax was used to annihilate many of Barry's robots. But after one of the parts of the robots hit Ice Bear, the axe got stuck in the wall of the arena hole. An interesting fact is that the speed of the attacks of Ice Bear increases considerably when he is with that ax. This may be because of the fact that this axe is small compared to the traditional Ice Bear axe.
The ninja stars have never been used definitively in the series, neither for attack nor for another type of use. They only belong to Ice Bear. The only time it can be said that a star was used, it was in "The Island" when Ice Bear throws a starfish into Dave's eye.
Yuri's axe was only used by Ice Bear in "Yuri and the Bear," and was not for attacking but for cutting wood. It is possible to see at the end of the episode that Ice Bear gets the axe, but after the episode the axe was never seen again.
It was shown in "Yuri and the Bear" that Ice Bear had lived in the Arctic (specifically Siberia) alone until he met a man named Yuri after smelling stew inside his tent. Because of that, Ice Bear grew up with Yuri, learning a lot of things such as cooking, wielding an axe, the Russian Alphabet, Geography, and Math while being his assistant. One day, while Yuri was gone, Ice Bear stumbled upon his treasure chest to find a picture of him and his family. Because of that, he made a wooden horse and gave it to Yuri. Frustrated because Ice Bear found the family picture and broke the frame's glass, Yuri yelled at him to get out. Ice Bear got out as fast as he could and began to cry until he fell into a trap set by the other men. Yuri got him out of the trap and tried to lure the other men away until they were near the ocean. Yuri had no choice but to chop a part of where Ice Bear was standing and push him away from land, leaving the axe. Ice Bear became depressed until he saw that Yuri's axe was beside him. From there, Ice Bear wiped his tears and grabbed the axe furiously.
Grizzly and Ice Bear are brothers. Ice Bear is also shown to be close to Grizzly in episodes such as "Jean Jacket", where Grizzly sacrificed himself and Ice Bear cried (on the inside), or in "Viral Video" where he hugged Grizzly upon his return... Then slammed him onto the ground for ditching him and Panda. Ice Bear was also seen close, literally, to him in "Occupy Bears" and "Hibernation", and also in the cub episodes. In "Emergency", Grizzly knew all Ice Bear needed was alone time after finding him at the skating rink. Grizzly acts much like a leader figure to both Panda and Ice Bear, in which he is the older brother. He seems to hold a degree of respect for Ice Bear, and especially loves his food, to the point where he attempted to make a profit off it in the episode "Food Truck". Although there are times when Ice Bear can disagree with Grizzly, Ice Bear still cares about him and still helps him in times of need. Ice Bear is shown to be very protective of Grizzly in "Nom Nom".
Ice Bear and Panda are brothers. They are able to bear stack as a way of traveling faster. They've been shown to be very close, such as in "Jean Jacket", when Ice Bear and Grizzly were extremely upset after Panda got smacked and when he consoled him after Grizzly's sacrifice. He also voluntarily stepped in to assist Panda in "Brother Up" and has shown great emotion after being separated from both of his brothers in the cub episodes. Ice Bear is shown to be very protective of Panda, as shown in "Nom Nom". They are shown working together to stop Grizzly's obsession with the burrito in "Burrito", and in the short, "Bear Cleaning", when they posed and took several selfies with Grizzly's clump of fur before putting it back. In "Hibernation" and "Panda's Sneeze" alike, they were shown bonding with each other. In the former, they were shown reading facts to each other about their respective species, and in the latter, Ice Bear had blushed when Panda asked if he thought his sneeze was cute, and later, at the cute-off, Ice Bear gave him a rose and called him precious.
First seen breaking into their house for investigation in "Chloe", Ice Bear and his brothers have since befriended her. In "My Clique", he and the other Bears tended to Chloe to help her make friends, with him saying, "Ice Bear will make them love Chloe." The lesson he proceeded to teach her to help her make friends, combined with Panda's and Grizzly's, caused her next attempt at making some friends to go awry, and she ended up walking home in embarrassment. In "Chloe and Ice Bear", the two spend some quality time together as Chloe tries to find something Ice Bear finds fun. They end up visiting the Natural Science Museum to see the Albino Alligator exhibit, to which, upon arrival at the exhibit, the museum is closed. When the alligator won't come out, Chloe hops down and tries to lure it out with a sandwich, worrying Ice Bear. He hops in after her and shields her from the alligator when it comes out and stares at them. After all is said and done, the two head home together, tuckered out.
Of the three, Ice Bear seems to have the closest bond to her, almost acting as a big brother to her at times.
Ice Bear grows a hatred for Nom Nom very quickly after seeing how poorly he treated Grizzly in "Viral Video" and both of his brothers in "Nom Nom". Unlike the other Bears, Ice Bear maintains this attitude towards him consistently throughout the series. Its also been shown his hatred is ever-growing, as in "Nom Nom", his brothers start to look to Nom Nom more as he manipulates them. He even ended up painting Ice Bear in a bad light to his brothers in order to get his way. During the night, when Ice Bear snuck out, suspicious of Nom Nom, he was shocked to find that Nom Nom's plan consisted of potentially murdering Panda and Grizzly. Before Ice Bear could go and stop the plan, however, Nom Nom made him fall into a ditch and covered it up, the other two Bears unaware of what had happened. The next day, when Nom Nom put his plan into action and almost succeeded, he lost control of the sharks he planned to use and ended up almost killed alongside Grizzly and Panda, however, with the help of a helicopter Grizzly had ordered a few days prior, Ice Bear was able to fly over to the event and save his brothers, throwing Nom Nom into a cotton-candy mixer in the process.
Ice Bear and Lucy are friends. They met in "Panda's Date" when Lucy saved Panda's life after a moderate allergy attack. When the three Bears went to hang out with Lucy, Ice Bear genuinely enjoyed the time they spent, both him and Grizzly unaware of Panda's negative reactions to the whole thing.
Charlie made a bad first impression to Ice Bear, as a majority of what Charlie did in "Charlie" aggravated him; from being overall disgusting and messy to ruining his dinner and making a mess of the cave, it's not surprising Ice Bear didn't like him very much. Both in "Brother Up" and "Charlie and the Snake", Ice Bear doesn't appear to be warming up to him as he still appears to be annoyed with Charlie's antics. In "Charlie Ball", however, it is shown that Ice Bear is starting to warm up to him, as shown when he allows Charlie to substitute for Panda in a game of basketball after he get injured and requests to play with Charlie against Grizzly and Panda since he wants to win.
Ice Bear had met Annie in "Yard Sale" when he could sense her distress from going into labor. He had rushed to her side and coaxed her into doing breathing exercises. He also instructed Panda to stand by her side as a fill-in for her unconscious husband.
While not much was shown, it was clearly obvious that Ice Bear spent his childhood with Yuri. Ice Bear treated him like a father while Yuri treated him like a son. Ice Bear, however, never saw him again when Yuri chopped up a part of where Ice Bear was standing and sent him away from land.
Ice Bear and Yana seem to have a rather complicated relationship. They're implied to have lived a life of action in a past, but due to an incident, they have since broken up. Yana is resentful towards Ice Bear for this and isn't easily trusting of him, however she still holds feelings for him, even if she doesn't show it.
Barry is Ice Bear's arch-enemy and the only villain so far that makes Ice Bear to resort to extreme violence due to his murderous nature and greediness after his involvement of stealing Roomba's advanced technology by force. Compared to Nom Nom and Ralph, he is the type of villain Ice Bear takes great caution when facing in which making Nom Nom and Ralph looks like an insignificant annoyance.
- Pilot (debut)
- "Our Stuff" (main series debut)
- "Viral Video"
- "Food Truck"
- "Panda's Date"
- "Everyday Bears"
- "Jean Jacket"
- "Nom Nom"
- "Shush Ninjas"
- "My Clique"
- "Brother Up"
- "Occupy Bears"
- "Panda's Sneeze"
- "The Road" (The Cubs)
- "Tote Life"
- "Charlie and the Snake"
- "Video Date"
- "Pet Shop" (The Cubs)
- "Chloe and Ice Bear"
- "Cupcake Job"
- "Charlie Ball"
- "Yard Sale"
- "Slumber Party"
- "Bear Cleanse"
- "Nom Nom's Entourage"
- "Ranger Tabes"
- "Losing Ice"
- "Fashion Bears"
- "Baby Bears on a Plane" (The Cubs)
- "The Island" (The Cubs)
- "Bear Flu"
- "Chicken and Waffles"
- "The Audition"
- "Captain Craboo"
- "Baby Bears on a Plane"
- "Yuri and the Bear" (The Cub)
- "Icy Nights"
- "Everyone's Tube"
- "Creature Mysteries"
- "The Library"
- "Grizz Helps" (minor appearance)
- "Christmas Parties"
- "Panda's Friend"
- "Grizzly the Movie"
- "$100" (The Cubs)
- "Professor Lampwick"
- "Planet Bears"
- "Coffee Cave"
- "Charlie's Big Foot"
- "The Demon"
- "Panda's Art"
- "Lucy's Brother"
- "The Fair" (The Cubs)
- "Private Lake"
- "Lunch with Tabes"
- "Road Trip"
- "The Kitty"
- "Crowbar Jones"
- "Citizen Tabes"
- "Dance Lessons"
- "Icy Nights II"
- "Dog Hotel"
- "Bear Lift"
- "The Nom Nom Show"
- "Ice Cave"
- "Spa Day"
- "Charlie's Halloween Thing"
- "Bunnies" (The Cubs)
- "Pigeons" (minor appearance)
- "Lazer Royale" (The Cubs)
- "The Perfect Tree"
- "Bearz II Men" (The Cubs)
- "Bro Brawl"
- "Hurricane Hal"
- "The Park"
- "I Am Ice Bear"
- "Baby Bears Can't Jump" (The Cubs)
- "Everyone's Tube II"
- "Bear Cleaning"
- "Nom Nom Vs. Hamster" (minor appearance)
- "Log Ride"
- "Goodnight Ice Bear"
- "Potty Time" (The Cubs)
- "Panda's Profile Pic"
- "Grizz: Ultimate Hero Champion"
- "Dreamium" (heard)
- "Charlie's Opus"
- "Bear Stack"
- "Frozen Ice"
- "Assembly Required"
- "Cooking with Ice Bear"
- "The Cave"
- Ice Bear is the tallest of the three siblings.
- Ice Bear bears an arsenal of recipes, being able to cook various unique dishes.
- He is the only bear that has driver license.
- Ice Bear is a martial artist, wielding nun-chucks with great proficiency.
- Ice Bear can play the bagpipes as shown in "Jean Jacket".
- Ice Bear is multilingual, as he has been shown to speak phrases in Japanese, Korean, Russian, and French. He can also communicate with birds as shown in "Our Stuff".
- Crew members have confirmed that Ice Bear is the youngest of the bears.
- Ice Bear is shown to own a fire axe, which he keeps in the fridge, in "Viral Video", "Chloe", "Everyday Bears", and "Nom Nom".
- In "Hibernation", he is seen reading a book titled "Hatchets around the World", which refers to his axe.
- Ice Bear has no actual bedroom in the cave, preferring to sleep in the fridge due to its temperature.
- Ice Bear ordered a Vacuum Buddy in the episode "Everyday Bears", which makes it owned under him.
- Ice Bear is the first in the Bear Stack, being at the bottom carrying his brothers which is because of his strength.
- In the Pilot, Ice Bear refers to his position at the bottom as "driving."
- It can also be noted that in "Yard Sale", when he was backing the stack up, he mimicked the noise of a truck in reverse, going "Beep, beep, beep".
- In Bear Lift, Ice Bear says “Traffic signal” when walking up to Darrel’s landlord.
- Ice Bear takes up most of the responsibilities of the house such as cleaning and cooking.
- According to Ice Bear, he takes yoga classes as said in the episode "Primal".
- In the same episode, it's revealed both Ice Bear and Panda can turn "primal" out of hunger.
- In "Video Date", Celine is the first character shown in the show to refer to Ice Bear as "Ice Bear" rather than with pronouns.
- In "Charlie", Charlie is the first character to refer to Ice Bear with a nickname, this being "Sunshine", rather than with pronouns.
- In "Emergency", Grizzly is the first to call out Ice Bear's species.
- In "Video Date", this was the first time Ice Bear was heard to say Panda's name, more than once, although it was to be disguised as him.
- Ice Bear enjoys dancing. This is shown in the episode "Jean Jacket" when he obtains a salsa dancing coupon. He stated that it was the "best day of his life".
- He was also shown dancing in "My Clique".
- In the episode "Chloe", Ice Bear has stated he knows all of his brothers' secrets.
- In "Nom Nom", it is shown Ice Bear can camouflage.
- This ability can also be played as a gag, as polar bears have transparent fur.
- In "My Clique", it's shown Ice Bear has extreme talent in guessing in charades, being able to immediately and correctly guess what's being acted out.
- In "Shush Ninjas", Ice Bear says he refuses praise, though in "Panda's Sneeze", he didn't mind when Panda thanked him.
- In "Nom Nom", it's revealed Ice Bear lacks the ability to raise his voice from his usual quiet and monotone pitch, as his calls for help while trapped in the pit go unheard because he cannot make his voice any louder.
- According to "Everyday Bears", "The Road", and "Pet Shop", he was mute for an indefinite period of time.
- As shown in "Emergency", Ice Bear can knit.
- As shown in "Chloe and Ice Bear", Ice Bear is shown to be very uncomfortable and avoidant around crabs ever since "Emergency".
- It is heavily suggested that Ice Bear may have Autism Spectrum Disorder. A selection of symptoms for this developmental disorder include high intelligence in specific areas, high sensitivity to things like touch and smell, an obsession with organization and cleanliness, special interests for obscure objects or hobbies, appearing unemotional, monotonous, or quiet, having a strong desire for structure and routine, and having poor social skills, all of which Ice Bear has consistently exhibited.
- Ice Bear calls himself a survival hero in the episode "Tote Life" after having rescued his brothers from the tote-avalanche inside the cave.
- As shown in "Charlie and the Snake", Ice Bear (along with his brothers) is afraid of snakes.
- In "Video Date", Celine is the first girl for Ice Bear to fall in love with.
- He also shows that he can speak French in this episode.
- In "Pet Shop", Ice Bear had a pet collar labeled as Fabio.
- As shown in "Cupcake Job", Ice Bear can be socially awkward as he was seen struggling to retain a regular smile while sneaking behind people trying to advertise the Cupcake Shop.
- As seen in "Pet Shop" and "Chloe and Ice Bear", Ice Bear's behavior towards dogs makes it apparent he doesn't like them.
- Ice Bear occasionally sleeps with his eyes open.
- In the episode "The Island", it's partly believed that Ice Bear may have undergone the process of being taught how to talk in English by both Panda and Grizzly throughout their childhood.
- Ice Bear's stage name is Alonso Tigerheart, as revealed in "The Audition".
- Since the beginning of the show, nobody has called Ice Bear by his name except in the episode "Video Date" referred by Celine. Ice Bear is usually referred as "him" and "little bro".
- Ice Bear wears glasses when driving, as shown in the episode "Road Trip"
- In "Bear Cleanse", it is revealed that Ice Bear's heart beat sounds like a working jackhammer.
- Ice Bear finally talks like a normal bear in the season 4 episode "I Am Ice Bear" and talks loud and raising his voice a little bit just like in the episode "Nom Nom".
- Ice Bear says he likes the cat-mouse paradox mousepad, implying he likes to think about paradoxes and solve them.
- The episodes Ice Bear doesn't appear in are Anger Management, Poppy Rangers, Summer Love, Kyle, Panda 2, Ranger Games and Vacation.
- Ice Bear has somewhat similar traits to the character Susan Strong from Adventure Time, as both speak in third person, including referring to themselves with their own name, along with both being the tallest of their relatives, and both have amazing physical strength.
- In "Occupy Bears", Ice Bear states he like turtles.
- This is a reference to a popular internet meme where a news reporter asks Jonathan Ware about his zombie face-painting, in which case he responds with "I like turtles." The episode similarly plays it out as how it did in the video, with the reporter asking Ice Bear his opinion on their cave being destroyed, Ice Bear irrelevantly responding with "Ice Bear likes turtles."
- In Bear Lift, Ice Bear references three popular car chase action movies. Need for Speed, Fast and Furious, and Tokyo Drift.
- Polar Bears are known as "ice bears" in several different languages, like Norwegian (isbjørn).
- It's shown in "Hibernation" that Ice Bear refers to other polar bears as "ice bears".
- His species, Ursus maritimus, lives in three different continents: North America (Canada, Greenland, Alaska), Europe (parts of Norway), and Asia (Russia)
- Polar bears are listed as vulnerable on the IUCN's Red List of Threatened Species and as threatened under the federal Endangered Species Act.
- Polar bears weren't originally part of the Ursus genus, but instead, a part of its own genus, Thalarctos, however, with the evidence of hybrids between polar bears and brown bears and the recent evolutionary divergence between the two species, its current scientific name is now widely accepted.
- Though their fur can appear tan or white, polar bears have transparent fur.
- Polar bears are considered one of the largest terrestrial carnivores.
- In the short "Log Ride", it is revealed that Ice Bear sweats under excessively cold conditions.
- In the slow-motion scene in the Pilot of the ice cream cake flying through the air, Ice Bear can be seen eating grass. Polar Bears are known to eat things like grass to pass the time.
- In "Hibernation", Ice Bear read that only female polar bears can hibernate, which is simply untrue. In reality, polar bears don't actually need to hibernate, but rather, pregnant polar bears den up for the colder months.
- Polar bears have the greatest sense of smell than any bear species. This is shown in "Burrito" where Ice Bear is most disgusted by the rancid odor given off by the rotten burrito and also sniffed around to track the source.
|The Bears||Grizzly • Panda • Ice Bear|
|Humans||Andrew Bangs • Annie • Badger • Barry • Celine • Chloe Park • College Students • Commercial Crew • Cupcake Shop Proprietor • Darrell • Dave • Diaz • Diner Waitress • Dr. Decker • Fireman • Food Truck Owners • Freshy Bear • Granola Guy • Griff • Isaac • John Park • Karla • Lucy • Marie • Mind-Reader • Mr. Park • Mrs. Park • Murphy • Nguyen • Parker • Pet Shoppe Owner • Player 41 • Professor Lampwick • Rebecca Turnman • Samantha • Street Performers • Susan • Suzy • Techies Gang • Teppan Yaki Chef • Tom • The Hunter • The Mailman • The Nut Shack Salesman • Theater Manager • Ticket Receptionist • Unnamed Party Attendants • Wallace • Yana • Yuri|
|Animals||Albino Alligator • Balancing Lizard • Captain Craboo • Charlie • Gluten-cat • Hamster • Little Bear • Liz • Mouse • Nom Nom • Pigeon Cartel • Porkins • Ralph • Robot Bear • Seal • Sharks • Snake • The Wolf Pack • Woodland Creatures|